"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I've gotta vent.

Ok, we live on the VERY outskirts of a pretty small town.
Intentionally, when we moved from the last place we lived, we chose the farthest place we could find and afford, from other people. It's not that we're anti-social, really. Day-to-day, the Big Guy and I, we're really pretty sociable. Our temperaments and our personalities are such that we enjoy people.
That being said, we also crave time away from others. I don't feel bad about that, since Jesus, Himself, took time apart from the world and even His disciples, occasionally. I have studied psychology and Child Development, Abnormal Behavior, and a little bit of a handful of other topics. I feel fairly familiar with the Bible, which I'm quite certain keeps me from acting out in various situations...I guess my point is, I'm not unaware of the ways that people learn, grow, and choose to react and respond to things that happen to and  around them. We all do what we think is best, given what we've been taught, and/or learned on our own. Right?
If this isn't the case, then, the only conclusion I'm willing to draw, right now, is that there are a LOT of people who are SO stupid, ignorant, and/or SELF-centered that they don't deserve to exist around the rest of life. Here's why I'm ranting: about 3 months ago, someone dumped 4 kittens outside our place. Yes, there is a barn w/in a few hundred feet, but that doesn't mean AT ALL that these tiny frightened babies are going to A, make it that far w/o getting hit by a vehicle; B, find anything to EAT there, if the do make it that far; or C, that they won't be maimed or worse by the other wilder animals that live nearby. AND, this is the 4th time in  the (less than) 2 years we've been here, that this has happened. Yesterday, ANOTHER, younger little furbaby showed up. ADORABLE. SOOOO friggin' cute.
And, just so you know, we're already over our allotted amount of feline roommates, b/c we thought the (3rd)  one was PREGNANT right before the big freeze last year, so we took her in.
The one good thing I can say at this point is that the newest baby is friendly enough that we might be able to grab it & take it to the local shelter. The last batch were already terrified of humans when the wonderful people dumped them, so we're unable to get ahold of them aside from a tiny pet while they're eating. Miraculously they've been healthy so far...but what about when they start breeding? There's a Tom cat that the neighbor lady keeps outside during the day, and he's certain to start getting with the little baby girl cats as they mature.
It breaks my hear that so much of humanity has come to the conclusion that animals are disposable. It's not surprising, of course. Human babies are completely disposable, so why would animals be treated as if they had any value?
So, I'm pissed at everyone who drops off their unwanted animals. It's not like there aren't SEVERAL animal shelters nearby. I hate stupid people. Sure, I'm stupid in my own ways, and in the past I've been VERY stupid. I understand now how people might have hated me. I just feel so powerless to do anything to right this continual wrong.







3 comments:

  1. I hear you sistah. Our most recent (Katinka) was the end result of a drop on a friends driveway. If people aren't good enough to "fix" their pets they need to be strong enough to "deal" with the results. Better that they have no pets at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the those furbabies were able to be located so close to a caring heart and not damaged even more. That sweet little face is so cute and I'm sure she has a ton of love to give. If only it were possible to keep all stupid people out of our lives...they must be there for a reason? right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rebecca, thanks for stopping by!! I'm sure they are there for a reason, but the first thing that came to mind wasn't the most loving purpose for them, I'm sure. ha ha Yeah it's really a fuzzy love-fest when they're close enough to cuddle. Purrs all around!

      Delete

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!