"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Monday, December 31, 2012

It's the End of The Year as We Know it...

...As I looked across the landscape this morning, running a couple of errands with my Sweety, it occurred to me that S.A.D. season is in full swing. Maybe that's why I've been spiralling downward...again. I'm still taking the anti-depressant as directed, anticipating an increase at the next appointment w/ my Dr., and not much else has changed in the last couple of weeks, except for being snowed in, and the skies being gray,a LOT.
Church yesterday was WONDERFUL, and God clearly has everything under control. The music was very moving; we had a special singer come in from TN, and at times I think he was a little more black than white, which of course suits me fine He even did a little "scattin'" at the end of one song. I think there was a Larry Norman tune mixed in...everyone seemed to really feel the Spirit moving.
So, the thing I'm focusing on today is CHOOSING. Whom will I serve, today? Me? or God? Looked up the verse in Joshua yesterday in church, and it occurred to me that it's part of the DAILY process for me. If I'm choosing to serve-not me-then perhaps it will be easier to ignore the emotions.
Happy 2013, my friends!
This will be the best one, yet!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Hpaay Girlfriend! I club you too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I club you, as well, my silly friend.

      Delete

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!