"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In between myself.

Ok, I guess we can be open, here, right? Well, ok, I'LL go first. Soon after Christmas, I ran out of antidepressants, and was unable to refill, as we had a couple more weeks until the new (YAY!) insurance was to begin coverage. SO, I think you may see where this is leading. Yeah, it's always interesting when I go to this place in me. Similarly to the last time I recall this happening, (I probably took myself off that time, but not certain) I felt like I could relate a lot to Jeremiah, who was known as "The Weeping Prophet". I'm reminded of how it's said that the life of a Prophet is a lonely one (Not a real "people pleasing" kinda gig, you know). As a person with a family that depends on me to function as much as possible, it's hard to think that God would want me to be like that all the time. Then again...? So, I'm here, in this in-between space. Not wanting to say much more b/c I'm aware of my vulnerability, moreso than usual.
Have you ever been in this place, or in a close relationship with someone who was? Please tell me more...
I asked the Big Guy if he'd be willing to do a guest-post sometime, to share what this time for me, is like for HIM. I know it's not pleasant at all. Daily life with a Woman OF A Certain AGE has to be difficult enough, right?!
AnTway, I hope you are well, warm, and fed. This Too Shall Pass.
Blessings and thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. You know I have. If you want to yammer about it give me a call. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also know about this for a different reason. After a stroke 4 1/2 years ago right after turning 58, I was told I was depressed. I did not want medication because my senses would be dulled more, and I already had a lot to recover from. I had had medication for depression in my twenties, and in my 40's for a time, and that was enough. I got into good Christian counseling which helped me deal with anger at losing two children and at a divorce that might have been avoided if he had also gotten help. I also had issues still from having been in a Christian cult. It was time to deal with things, and though it was hard, I'm getting back on my game, at least for now. I do think there are times for meds, but it's good for me to ask Father when it is appropriate. Good things can also come from these between times, and I will pray for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Barb. Thanks for your insightful reply. You have survived a lot of things, haven't you?! I'm so grateful that you're getting back on your game. (And I know what you mean about "for now"!) I'm so aware of the hills & valleys of life. I look forward to hearing from you again, I hope. And THANKS for praying for me!

      Delete

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!