"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The ‘Two Masks’ of Mental Illness: Depression vs Stability

I thought I might perhaps (ought to) post something today. I met with my new Counselor today, the "Intake" session. I cried twice, and afterward couldn't remember at first what the two reasons were. Did I block the issues out THAT well? Funny that I can recall generalities of situations in my life, enough to bring back the feelings, and then after the info is needed, it runs back to the deep recesses on my memory again. I found this article and it's got some good insight. If you've never dealt with depression before, you might learn a little bit of what it's like. Have a great tomorrow! I'm hoping to have a better one.


The ‘Two Masks’ of Mental Illness: Depression vs Stability


There's a little "widget" I have on this blog, it's down toward the bottom right of the posts, and it's a little dog. Looks like a Yellow Lab. His being trapped in that box, all alone, and I never stop and play with him, saddens me. I guess today's diagnosis was spot on. (Little joke there. Very little)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!