"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thank God for Insurance!

This morning I took my Love to the hospital for some tests. On the way home he was talking about how nice it is to have some kind of insurance. We've gone for a long while w/o any-and not b/c we were the pictures of health, either- but it is really beautiful to get to see a Dr. not just a GP, when you NEED to.
When we first got it, I'd been off misc. mental health meds for a WHILE, and couldn't remember the last time I'd seen a Gyn. : (
Now, a few months after acquiting the blessed holy grail of insurance, I'm up on all needed meds, seen the Gyn, getting w/ a Counselor, and even had a thing taken off of somewhere. (No, it's not like THAT. Pig.) j/k
My kids have always had Medicaid, due to the eldest having serious genetic heart conditions, and generally b/c I've somehow managed to keep my head JUST above the water of dire poverty for a number of years now. Funny thing, if you're REALLY poor, you can get help in unbelievable ways. But if you're just poor enough to not be able to buy, oh Idk, food, or gas to get to work...then no one will help you.
As grateful as I am for various places that have helped us stay afloat, I gotta say that the "system" is really kinda whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!