"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Looking upward and onward...

I'm so thrilled when I see that there have been visitors to my little slice of blogging Heaven! Of course, it's amusing to note that the "thought police" that I've mentioned in the not-too-distant past are among the visitors, but I'm grateful that most of you are actually friends and family. (Did I mention that I do my best to not have secrets, now? The fact that there are those who would sneak around and look for dirt on others, just tells me a lot about how sick they still are.) And I wish you could see the grin on my face as I think of how paranoid I used to be, and how nice it is to NOT be that way, now.)
Anywho...It's Spring Break-ALREADY!!?- and that means that next week we're going to make the trek up to see the Big Guy's parents. They really are so much better than most. Coming from the relationship I've had with my own Mother, his Mom is really baffling. She's so NICE and warm and doesn't tell us what to do unless we ASK! Now, don't get me wrong, I know and completely believe that any parent who is bossy to their adult (-ish, ok?)children, are doing so out of concern and love for them. Motives do count, I guess. I'm aware-a LOT- of these characteristics, primarily because I seem to be in the life-season where we begin (? or continue?) to turn into our parents. Overall, I don't think that's a bad thing, but I see things that cause me to want to keep a distance from my Mother, and I need to take the necessary steps to be sure I DON'T do that to my boys. I'm not my Mom, I've had a different life-experience than she has, and I know we've both done the best we knew how, as parents. Isn't that all anyone can do?
God help me...The Serenity Prayer is such a great all-purpose prayer, isn't it?
Well, I've been looking forward to getting out of the house for a little today, and it's getting to be that time. I'm kinda psyched that our little country church has recently begun a Saturday night "Contemporary" service, and yeah, it feels like I really ought to support it. Any time I can spend some time with God and those who are SEEKING him, well, that's a good thing.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!