"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

We grow... better, or bitter?

The choice really is ours. Knowing how easily I could be bitter about the past is a great thing: it absolutely sends me back running to my Lord for another scoop. Scoop of what, you ask?
A scoop of grace, a heaping scoop of forgiveness,  a pitcher of love...and gratitude-about a gallon, daily- for reminders of what I will become if I'm not DILLIGENTLY on guard against the flood of negativity we all face every day.
I need all those things and more, in practicing love and acceptance with the people in my life.
Thank the Lord for a BETTER perspective today. And for making my little porch garden grow. :)

4 comments:

  1. That's some mighty fine lettuce girlfriend!! I'm envious, I can't grow lettuce worth a darn. Better is better than bitter any day. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Coming from you, that means a lot. :) There are some impressive tomatoes coming up, too, but I'm not gonna take any credit until we get to taste them. lol

      Delete
  2. the past, ugh.....sooooo needed to read these words, thank you soo much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment! Sometimes I think I write just for me, so I'm very happy when it blesses someone else, too. :) Be sure to come back!

      Delete

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!