"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Friday, August 10, 2012

August

Greetings friends and fam!
This is the first time in over a month that I've taken the time to leave you a note. I apologise. The littler of my boys has begun the 6th grade, which in this small town, means he's now in the HIGH SCHOOL. I suppose there are some hallways that seperate the high schoolers from the middle schoolers-they're in the same building-but, really, I'm not thrilled about it. I know. "Let the boy grow up! Let him be! Stop hovering!!" Shut up. As my last little bird, I do almost consciously have to remind myself every day that he's growing up. Right before my eyes. DARNIT!
The elder of my 2 boys has had as exciting a summer as he ever has, I believe. After rebelling against..."what have you got"? (No, it's not that bad, but sometimes it seemed like it), He began working. Oh, but work wasn't till after he'd flunked the (ALL OF THEM?) classes he was taking @ the local community college.
First it was at a Graphic Design place. (Lasted a few months, I think.) Then at a factory, where the fumes made him sick-possible. (Lasted a week or so.) And lastly, at the restaurant where the Big Guy works. Oh, yeah, now he's quit there and about to have Orientation working at WalMart.
<sigh> I don't even want to start on how many ways I see MY OWN teenage thinking in him. When I reflect back, I'm just astounded at my self-centeredness, impatience and real lack of any kind of motivation to WORK. He talks occasionally about a car, but doesn't have his license yet. At 19. His gf is a very industrious girl, was working 3 jobs this time last year, and going to school. Now she's down to one job that pays a little better, and still working hard at school. I expect her to see the pattern he's developed any time, and dump him. Of course, he's thinking of proposing. No....NO DISFUNCTION running through our families!!
Now you have a tiny idea of why I haven't been here lately. Oh! Here's another reason:

I've been working on crafting, specifically, making logo pendants for a friend's band. There are several variations, but this is the one that turned out the best. I'm pretty sure the resin I've been using is all used up, so I might have a VERY "Limited Edition" of these babies. LOL
JUST in case I have any readers left, you can go here: ABsolutely Charming to see the entire collection, including a few that have nothing to do with a band, but they're just pretty.
Ta ta for now!




1 comment:

  1. I get that sinking feeling every time a visitor asks me if I've ever been to Carlsbad and I have to say "Yes, but I was young and wasn't paying any attention so I remember absolutely NOTHING!" Thankfully all of my guys are much more responsible and attentive than I was!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!