"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dancing as fast as I can...

Hi there, friends! It’s the beginning of June, so I’ve been out of school for a MONTH! YAY!! I have a piece of paper now that says I’ve put my time in, and I’m at least minimally competent to Serve Humans. And, as I’d promised myself, I’ve been creating things. A LOT. Some good, some iffy, and a few that are actually kinda impressive. : )
I need some kind of identifying moniker to put on the items I’ve been creating, but haven’t come up w/ anything yet. So…I’m fairly obsessively making pendants out of Scrabble tiles. It’s not a novel idea, really, but I hope to have found a niche or two, that will make mine stand out. In the morning, I’m planning to package up several pendants and send them to a friend of mine. He’s a very productive sort, and I approached him a couple of months ago about the possibility of supplying the band he’s in with some one-of-a-kind merchandise. He’s gonna check it out and then we’re gonna talk about money.
Having NO business sense, whatsoever, I’m feeling rather vulnerable, but like I said, he’s a friend, and I believe his integrity is above average. Actually, more than that, but I can’t think of a good word that describes how highly I think of him. I guess it speaks of how solid my relationship is with the Big Guy, b/c almost every other day I’m telling him something impressive about my friend, and it occurred to me recently that anyone else would be insecure or worse, but Big Guy gets it.
I’ve been way isolated of late., so having more than a 2-sentence text with anyone is really unusual, and an INTELLIGENT, conversation about real stuff, that just thrills me.
News: My Sweet man has encouraged his employer to hire my eldest and his gf. She has lots of experience waiting tables and has a decent head on her shoulders. My boy, on the other hand…well, I think he’ll do fine. He’s just not gung ho about working 6 days a week. (Breaking your heart, ain’t it? Yeah, mine too.) He’s not going to get much pity here, especially since his gf is working AND attending classes. It’s been entertaining when she comes over after training and tells that all the servers have a mad crush on the Big Guy.  It makes me giggle thinking of the little (and NOT so little, I understand) girls crushing on my Man. Big Guy said it himself: a lot of the attraction is probably the fact that he’s a NO-DRAMA kinda guy, and that makes him REALLY stand out there. The gf said the first training day she got an unwanted earful of all the boys her “Trainer” had slept with…(I guess that generation isn’t really familiar with the words “Cheap” “Prostitute” “Ho”…or at least the negative connotation has not yet sunk in for them. Geez.
So, as I’m typing this up at home, I’ll be sending/posting this for you in a little while. PLEASE tell me what you think of my pendants, and yes, the pics are not nearly as good as I’d like them, but everything is subject to revision and improvement, right?

Blurry much? :-/
I don’t think I want to get in the E-bay pool, and Etsy is really intimidating, too. I’m thinking of maybe just creating an email address and selling online…?


Scrabble Tile Pendants pre-silver-plated bails

I think I need a business manager.
So, O, Silent Ones, how have things been in YOUR neck of the woods?
OH, and just so ya know: America’s Got Talent is back on and it’s just as awesome as ever. I love me some Howie Mandell, and the Stern isn’t nearly as much of an ass as previously thought. Those of you who’ve successfully disengaged from your tv’s, you can get the clips online. Please let me know what’s new in your worlds.

                               

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to B's feelings about jobs. We are only "working" (read:wage slaving) three days a week and we feel really put out when we are asked to work extra days. But then when we are at home, that's when the REAL work comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right arm. I long for the day when we are more invested in our HOME work than in laboring for the man. So, we work, we save a little, and we dream & plan & pray...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!