"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Top Ten List : )

Hello, all! I was running through my email in order to get to actually WRITE something here, and I came across this list on one of my favorite sites (http://www.momswithadd.com/), and thought I'd share it with you.
Depressing? Maybe a bit. Encouraging to know you're not the only one? Yes, I think so.

Top Ten New Year's ADD Resolutions
  1. I will check the pantry before buying a 10th bottle of Ketchup.
  2. I will check my shopping list before heading to the mall so I don't buy my husband slippers, gloves and scarf instead of the wallet he asked for (this really happened- talk about holiday distractions!).
  3. Next time I lose my keys, I'll first look in the freezer before calling a family Code Blue.
  4. I will make an appointment with my hairdresser before my roots reach my shoulder.
  5. I will remember to get my kids' ADD meds refilled before their Finals, band concerts and grandparents' visit.
  6. I will write down where I park next time I shop at the mall.
  7. I will remember where I wrote down where I parked (mental note: ink on skin works well for this)
  8. I will smile when I get an invitation in the mail for a wedding, dinner party, shower, etc. instead of immediately freaking out that I have nothing to wear.
  9. I will cook at least one meal per month without completely destroying the kitchen.
  10. I will look at my mail before throwing it into the garbage so I won't have to embarrass myself for the no-shows at doctor appointments, school events and important meetings.
P.S. I didn't yet acquire the Netbook I was hoping for, for Christmas, so I'm still unable to r-e-l-a-x and write my thoughts much. It will happen, but just not now.
Love and hugs~
Abbie
p.s.s.
Per #7: DON'T you judge me for using my PALM (get it? Palm?!) Pilot!
 Hee hee I crack myself up. But yes I usually have something important written on me.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I'll probably copy it in a much larger format to hang on my wall . . . if I remember to

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to remember quite a few of those myself. Did you totally delete your FB account? I'll just have to keep up w/ you here if so. Hugs, Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Barb. Hanging a larger copy may be in my future....

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!