"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." -Albert Einstein

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day of rest...not so much.

Hello, there friends and fam. I had a good time at church this morning. Did you? I hope so. I concluded a while ago that if you don't feel better (not necessarily GOOD, but perhaps encouraged, challenged, validated, or just that you've learned something) after church, you're probably in the wrong one. For you, anyway.  So, today it was good. Our Pastor mentioned right at the beginning something about how the gospel isn't about US. We're so self-centered (humans, I mean) that Preachers figured out that they need to sell religion according to the "what's in it for me?" mentality....
Several folks asked where the Big Guy was (he'd opted for grabbing a little bit more sleep) and I told them he'd stayed in bed...yesterday afternoon, I got a text from him saying "First altercation. Only threw a guy over 2 tables, though." ? I asked for more info, and he replied "Someone FLEW over 2 tables for being a dumbass. Oopsie!" So, that made him feel a little better than he had been...anxiety meds aren't doing anything for him anymore... and how are you this bright afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I love to hear your thoughts!